As we all know, SEO is an ongoing process of making on-site and off-site changes in an attempt to increase the online visibility of our clients with the end goal of generating quality leads. The day-to-day tasks are different for each client, depending on their unique needs, seeing as there is no “one size fits all” process. The SEO Team has many tools in our bag that we can utilize to improve a dealer’s campaign. There are literally hundreds of on-site elements that can be tended to (titles, meta descriptions, heading tags, body content, additional pages, schema markup, json-LD, etc). The list goes on and on.
We also strive to deliver a high level of service to meet the needs of our clients with quick turnaround times on questions, requests and website changes. This is part what is included in SEO.
Off-site elements are also a part of what we include in SEO. This includes items like:
- Checking for duplicate content
- Checking for duplicate websites
- Checking 1st tier directory listings for NAP Consistency
- Working to rectify any issues found on 1st tier directories
- Google My Business Optimization
- Proactively changing tactics according to Google rumors, news and guidelines
- This is a wide category because there are literally hundreds of changes weekly
- Campaign performance analysis and adjustments
- This is also a wide category because it differs for each client
Other things that aren’t really SEO, but are included in the price:
- Server management ß This is a BIG plus for our clients
- Hosting management
- 24/7 uptime monitoring
- Security management and updating
- WordPress updates
- SEO Plugin reconfiguration
- Research, Development and Demonstration (both SEO & Web)
- Updating / maintaining other website standards
Regarding automation, the most simple and mundane tasks are automated to increase SEO Analyst efficiencies. The automation allows our SEO Analysts to focus on more advanced tactics to drive results for our dealers. There is no real way to measure “how much” SEO is automated, but if we wanted to put an hour amount of automation on it, we could easily say that there are hundreds man hours per month being automated on each campaign. Those saved man hours are being reinvested in individual campaign analysis, research and development on emerging tactics, and implementation of said tactics on dealer campaigns.
In summary, Automation is supplemental to what we do for each SEO Campaign and the day-to-day differs for every campaign, as there is no one size fits all. SEO also changes from year to year as Google guidelines and best practices shift.